We have some amazing members of the Cadence family. I’m always so thankful at how God always seems to bring just the right people at the right time.
Today I present to you – Sam.
Sam has worked with us for several months now, and I love having him as part of our team. He won’t be with us forever. He’s studying to get his real estate license, and when he does he’s going to be one of the best in his field.
There’s not a day that goes by, a shift that he works, that Sam doesn’t impact the atmosphere of the entire coffee shop. Every customer that walks in the doors, is greeted with a lively “Hey! How ya doin!?!?” His interaction with even the most cantankerous of customers is always so positive and cheerful. Last week he had to tell a grumpy old guy, who was cussing at him like a sailor, to not come back, but he did it in the kindest way possible.
Sam is an atmosphere changer. He inspires me, and causes me to ask myself:
How do I affect the atmosphere of the room?
Do people feel better when I enter the room, or when I leave?
I’ve been around some folks who walk into a room, and it feels like a cold front just blew in with them. Some folks suck all of the energy out of a room. Others make me want to find another room, altogether
Not Sam. He makes you glad you’re where he is, and Sam, if you’re reading this I want you to know bro, I’m glad you are in our room.
Keep changing the atmosphere!
- Sam plays the Cello
- Sam’s favorite coffee drink is a Cortado.
- Sam’s desire superpower if he were to be a superhero would be the power to control metal, like Magneto from X-men.
- Sam wishes that his epitaph would read, “Loved deeply, regretted nothing.”
- Sam, if he were an ice cream flavor, would be Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
- If Sam were brick in a wall, he would be a brick in the bottom to hold up the rest of the wall.